Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Am A TRY-athlete


My sisters, Lyric and Hilary and I did the Y Not Tri-athlon. It was my first triathlon. I was so nervous and couldn't stop thinking about it the entire night before that I couldn't fall asleep until 4am. An hour before the race, I was even more nervous that I used the bathroom 4 times in that one hour. Once I was there waiting my turn, I kept thinking to myself that I was an idiot for even thinking of doing this. It was smaller than a sprint triathlon. It was 1/4 mile swim, 6 mile bike and a 2 mile run. I haven't discovered any diseases from swimming in the nasty Parkcenter pond. Then we biked along Parkcenter and then ran on the Greenbelt. It was easier than I thought it was going to be. I wanted to do it in 1 hour and 20 minutes. I actually did it in 1 hour and 3 minutes. I was impressed. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. My sister Lyric did it in 55 minutes and Hilary did it in 1 hour and 4 minutes. There were so many people that signed up to do it, that they had to put the beginner women into 3 different sections. I was in the 1st group and my sisters were both in the 2nd. Thank goodness I was ahead of them, because it made me feel a lot faster (even though I really wasn't). My family were very supportive cheering us along the entire way. At the finish line, Jaxon was holding up this great sign that said, "My Mom is RED hot". Literally my face was bright red and I was very sweaty, so that sign was perfect. I will definitely do another race. I loved it.
P.S. Lyric is totally showing off her ripped bod in this picture. I know...I hate her too.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should show a bootie picture of me and then there would be no hatin'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... that is sooo cool. I Dont know if i could do that especially the swimming part. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you girls are so buff! one day, when i have a strong back, i'll do it with you guys. oh wait, that'll be never! waaaaa!

    ReplyDelete