Saturday, May 22, 2010

I WANT MY 10 DOLLARS BACK!







We had a little scare with Jaxon today. I put him down for a nap at my Mom's house. I wrapped him up and put some pillows around him and called it good. I was visiting with my Mom and Hilary upstairs for a while and decided I should go check on Jaxon. My dad had just come back upstairs and said that he didn't hear him, so he is probably still asleep. It must have been the Spirit, because I felt prompted to go check on him anyways. When I got to Joe's room, I saw Jaxon lying and the floor, screaming. I picked him and up and he looked so relieved to see me. He had the huff-ups for about 5 minutes after. He had a pretty big bruise and red mark under his right eye and cheek. When I arrived home, Ryan and I checked him out more thoroughly and noticed swelling on the back of his head. We didn't really think anything of it. He didn't have much of an appetite and everytime I would feed him, he would throw it up. He also wasn't sleeping well. So by the time Ryan was about to leave for work, I noticed that his head was swelling more. So we called the doctor's office and they were closed. Just my luck. So I had to speak to an on-call nurse. She told us to go to the ER. We decided to take him to a Quick Care first. The doctor at the Quick Care told us to go straight to the ER as well. At about 7:45pm, we arrived at the ER and he got checked out. They told us he would be fine, but keep a close eye on him for the next few days. It was a little scary, but ended up being okay in the end. Jaxon is so tough. But I still want my $10 back from the Quick Care.

1 comment: